- This event has passed.
Hall of Innovators – Call for Nominations
November 3, 2021 @ 8:00 am - 11:59 pm
Join Yukonstruct to celebrate and recognize the Yukoners who are building a brighter Yukon, and creating opportunities with their innovations, businesses, and activism. Nominate an individual, business, or organization that inspires you. Nominations close Nov. 3 at 11:59pm.
Recipients of this year’s awards will be celebrated at a VIP reception at the Yukon Transportation Museum on Thursday, Nov. 18th. You can follow the event on our social media channels.
1) Lifetime achievement: an innovator, entrepreneur, business, or organization who has shaped the culture, experience, or story of the Yukon in an undeniable way. This nominee will be permanently inducted into the Hall of Innovation.
2) Notable innovators or innovations: a person or project that has already made a significant impact in their sector, industry, or on the social or cultural landscape of the Yukon, a community leader.
3) Youth Innovator Award: presented by the Western Arctic Youth Collective, our Youth Innovator Award is for a youth who is making the Yukon a better place with their leadership, innovative approach to finding solutions, or dedication to a cause.
The Selection Committee will consider the following when making their selection of honorees:
- Innovation: the nominee has had a positive impact on an industry by developing innovative intellectual property, products, technologies, systems, designs or businesses that significantly improved the lives of Yukoners.
- If the Nominee is a business, they are expected to have made a significant impact as a business leader and for their overall success
- Community: the nominee has demonstrated relentless support for improving their community as a leader; and
- Ethics: the nominee has displayed the highest level of ethics in their professional dealings.
- Nominees can be living or posthumous.
- Nominees are to be Yukoners by birth or by choice
Characteristics of Successful Innovators:
- Against the Grain – Thinking that goes against the status quo / common wisdom.
- Highly Persistent – Being proactively perseverant in the face of obstacles.
- Opportunistic Mindset – Ability to see gaps in the market where others do not.
- Pioneer / Trail-Blazer – Creating a new opportunity where “none” previously existed.
- Business Leadership – Ability to bring others together to collaborate on solving a problem.
Nominations are due Wednesday, Nov. 3rd at 11:59pm