- This event has passed.
IP: How can I protect my wicked good idea?
November 23, 2022 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pmFree
OK, so you have a great idea… but you’re worried someone else will copy it. What if they take it to market first? Or copy you after you’ve started selling, then steal some of your customers? How can you protect your wicked good idea?
Maybe you’ve heard of patents, but don’t know what they are, how to get one, or how to make sure someone else didn’t already have the very same wicked good idea and actually YOU are at risk of infringing on THEIR patent?
Did you know there are several other ways to protect your IP beyond just patents? When is a patent not the right tool? And why do some entrepreneurs choose NOT to patent their wicked good idea?
— x — x — x —
If any of these questions are relevant to you, join us for an informative presentation from Marnie Fyten, IP Advisor with the Canadian Intellectual Property Office (CIPO), followed by time for Q&A. Topics covered include:
- What is the Canadian Intellectual Property Office (CIPO) and how do we help entrepreneurs?
- What is IP, and why does it matter for business growth?
- Brief overview of the six main kinds of IP (trademarks, patents, copyrights, industrial designs, plant breeders’ rights, and trade secrets)
- 5 common mistakes businesses make & how to avoid them
- Free IP learning tools and resources
— x — x — x —
Please note: NO LEGAL ADVICE will be provided during this webinar. However, legal advice is available to Incubate North participants and I&E clients through the IP Lawyers’ Office Hours event.
This webinar will NOT be recorded.
Register here today!